Home Inside Holiday Cottage Outside  Holiday Cottage The Old Cottage Around the Chase Places of Interest Contact Us Availability 2017 Availability 2018 Google Map

Copyright © Michael Dawson February 2013: update 02/08/17

Cannock Chase Holiday Cottages Staffordshire

At the south-eastern corner of the site, oak gates give access to the main cycling and walking tracks, leading to Fair Oak fishing pools, Birches Valley Forestry Centre, Marquis Drive Visitors’ Centre, Cannock Chase Museum & the whole of the Chase.

Presently occupied by the owners of the self-catering holiday cottage, the Old Cottage sits in the centre of the site with attractive gardens and natural vegetation.

Lawns, pond, orchard, vegetable garden, flower borders and rhododendrons, all within a strong hedge: but still the wild rabbits invade and gambol beneath the trees.

Early sketch

Old Cottage / ‘Dog Kennel’ Staffordshire

Go to: Pagets & Old Cottage

In 1820 the Old Cottage was described as a ‘dog kennel’. The 2.5 acre plot was part of the Marquis of Anglesey’s estates. Later, as three cottages, it became the homes of miners from Derbyshire who worked in the ill-fated Fair Oak colliery.